Jon M. Huntsman School of Business

learn about the latest and greatest from the School of Business

Monday, May 9, 2011

The Jon M. Huntsman School of Business is a school that I am proud to be a part of. Over the past few years the School of Business seems to have grown in prestige and worth. The school seems to keep growing in the eyes of the public, but the thing I appreciate and respect most about the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business is a thing of less visibility to the view of outsiders. I am talking about the teachers and the way that they interact with students. On top of being the best in their fields of expertise, the teachers at the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business care about students a great deal. Any other school would be hard pressed to compete with the incredible education students are receiving at the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business.

Many stories have been relayed to me by friends and acquaintances about ways that professors from The Jon M. Huntsman School of Business have gone the extra mile for them. This comes as no surprise to me because I have experienced the same kindness from professors on many occasions. There have been countless times when many of my professors have spent long hours in their offices with me to help me learn and truly understand concepts that were being covered in class. Professors have gone out of their way to help me find personal tutors or any other resources that I was in need of. I recall a time when one professor invited me to her home when I was not able to meet during office hours. She worked with me to help me prepare for a test that I needed to take. I thought this act of kindness was above and beyond what a student might expect of a college professor.

The Jon M. Huntsman School of Business is no ordinary college and that is because the college does not have just ordinary professors. In an article discussing Stephen R. Covey joining the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business faculty Dr. Covey was quoted. The article reported that Dr. Covey said, “The leaders and faculty at the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business just seem to get it." I could not agree more with Dr. Covey. I am so grateful to my professors at The Jon M. Huntsman School of Business; they truly enhance student’s education in and out of the classroom.

Matt Seeley

No comments:

Post a Comment