Jon M. Huntsman School of Business

learn about the latest and greatest from the School of Business

Monday, May 23, 2011

Finding a seat at the Huntsman School of Business

I started college in the Fall of 2008, or as it’s more commonly known, “The Time When Everyone Realized the World Economy Was in the Tank.” I was enrolled in an economics course, and everyone in the class was much more interested in the state of the U.S. economy than they were in what factors influence price flexibility.

During one class session, the professor announced that Dr. Dwight Israelsen and Dr. Tyler Bowles were going to hold a one-time lecture about the collapse and subsequent bail out of the U.S. economy. I decided at that moment that I would attend the lecture, thinking that maybe a couple dozen students would show up. I showed up five minutes late and there wasn’t an empty seat in the room.

I bring this up because it illustrates the interest and curiosity of students in the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business. We really do care about world events and how it affects us. We appreciate it when our professors make an effort to include current events into class lectures.

I want to thank the professors at the Huntsman School of Business for staying up-to-date in their material and keeping us engaged in the ever-changing state of the world economy. I also want to thank my classmates for their close observation of the news that has allowed them to ask informed questions and create interesting discussions in class.

Connor Child

No comments:

Post a Comment