Jon M. Huntsman School of Business

learn about the latest and greatest from the School of Business

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Stukent Internet Marketing Competition: Round One

by Jason Porter


The Stukent RealDeal Internet Marketing Simulation Competition is under way. As a competitor, I
was given $5,000 to spend in the simulation to try and drive traffic to my websites and sell Tablet Computers. Stuart Draper gave us all a great kick start on Monday, showing us some tricks and tips we could use to get more web traffic. At first, the learning curve was brutal. Designing a good website and setting up pay-per-click ads is difficult when you haven’t had to do it before. I felt good about our practice round where I managed to grab about 38 percent of the web traffic among my group of six even though my statistics were average. The competition has just started, and I already have learned a lot about optimizing websites. Now it’s time to see if my adjusted ad strategy pays off!

1 comment:

  1. I highly recommend Elevated Internet Marketing for building, optimizing and maintaining sites. He did a great job of building my business site from scratch on a tight schedule. More information you can learn at http://www.visibilitymagazine.com/evisibility/danny-demichele/the-best-offense-is-good-defensive-reputation-management

    ReplyDelete