Jon M. Huntsman School of Business

learn about the latest and greatest from the School of Business

Friday, September 19, 2014

Experiencing Business in a Whole New World

Trevor Andersen (South America 2014)

My Go Global experience was something I'll never forget, and quite honestly, it has been all I could talk about coming back to school. To visit top-tier businesses in other countries, visit a country’s most sacred ruin, and finish it all up with a mini internship as a micro-finance consultant, was one of the best experiences of my life. There really is no other program that can give a cultural exposure, open up your eyes to global business, and help you see what value you can add to this world than the Go Global Program.

I originally decided to apply for Go Global because it went to South America, and I have always wanted to learn about that culture. Once I started my BUS 2000 class during spring semester I knew that the trip was going to help me decide what I wanted to do with my degree. Probably the most valuable business lesson I learned is that the culture of a society effects its economic conditions greatly, so in order to successfully run or work for a business, you must first strive to understand what aspects of society effect your realm of business. On a more personal level, I learned that I want a career that can directly impact peoples' personal lives. If I could do this program all over again, I would in a heartbeat. I even tried to convince the professors that led the trip that I would be a great travel assistant for next year’s trip.

For business and for any other major, this really is the best way to prepare yourself for what lies beyond college. Having the chance to experience the global business world before you even graduate is an opportunity that shouldn't be overlooked.
Trevor Andersen

No comments:

Post a Comment