Jon M. Huntsman School of Business

learn about the latest and greatest from the School of Business

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Ingles, por favor







On our flight to South America, I discovered what happens if you don't understand the language the flight attendant is speaking. After getting about four hours of sleep in 48 hours, I had just nodded off as we were getting to Lima, Peru. While I was asleep, the flight attendant asked me to put my seat up. I missed that part. As I was waking up she came by again and was visibly upset with me for not moving my chair. She then started speaking very fast in Spanish (which I do not understand). She talked progressively louder and then finally just grabbed my seat and pushed it to the upright position.

I have now learned to say, "Ingles por favor."

Mike Clagg

(Mike Clagg is a student in the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business. He is currently with the school in South America for the South America Summer Study Abroad Program.)

No comments:

Post a Comment