Jon M. Huntsman School of Business

learn about the latest and greatest from the School of Business

Tuesday, September 28, 2010


I attended the Dean's convocation that featured Roger Martin this morning. I thought it was one of the best presentations I've seen at a dean's convocation. He is the author of the book, The Design of Business, and he talked about how some people tend to be more analytical thinkers and others are more intuitive thinkers. He believes both sides can benefit by learning to communicate better with each other and suggested that everyone could benefit from seeing things from a new point of view. That's a vast simplification of his presenation. I have a recording of it and hope to write a story for the Huntsman Post or The Huntsman Magazine. There was a lot of valuable insight shared. If you missed it, you might want to check out his book.


I'm looking forward to the Stephen Covey convocation on Thursday and the Henry J. Eyring convocation on Friday. Both of them are outstanding teachers. If you miss one of those presentations you may up saying for the rest of your life, "Darn! I wish I hadn't missed that presentation."

No comments:

Post a Comment