- A person or thing that strings.
- A long horizontal timber connecting upright posts.
- Architecture. A long horizontal beam that is used for structural purposes.
- Architecture. Another name for stringboard.
- Civil Engineering. A longitudinal bridge girder for supporting part of a deck or railroad track between bents or piers.
- A longitudinal reinforcement in the fuselage or wing of an airplane.
- Also called string correspondent. Journalism. A part-time newspaper correspondent covering a local area for a paper published elsewhere.
- A stout string, rope, etc., strung through the gills and mouth of newly caught fish, so that they may be carried or put back in the water to keep them alive or fresh.