Jon M. Huntsman School of Business

learn about the latest and greatest from the School of Business

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My Priceless Experience


The Experience is Priceless

This summer I had the opportunity to participate in the “Go Global” Summer Study Abroad program with the Huntsman School of Business. My group traveled to Argentina, Brazil, and Peru.

Some of the things I took away from the experience are the following:

I realized how connected the world really is. We no longer live in the day where we do our thing in the U.S., and other countries do their thing where they are, without affecting each other every day. I witnessed first-hand the global economy at work. I realized that economic successes and failures, and things like rising gas prices, inflation, changes in currency in Argentina, Brazil, and Peru, can directly affect the United States, and vice versa.

I also recognized the connection between building relationships and networks with fellow students and faculty, and being successful and happy in a future career. The students on this trip were OUTSTANDING, some of the brightest, hardest working, and funnest people I have met. It is obvious to see that these students are going places in life and will be successful. The faculty, Paul Fjeldsted and Liz Allred, are filled with knowledge and experience. They are more than willing to share what they have learned and also have great professional networks. To have these people as friends and associates is a huge asset, and I feel grateful to know them.

Some of the last things I came to appreciate are that knowledge is not just gained in the classroom, and college should be fun as well as educational. This program provided the opportunity for both of these things. The experiences I had in South America are priceless. Needless to say I had a BLAST and will forever remember and reflect on my experience.

Shelby Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment