Jon M. Huntsman School of Business

learn about the latest and greatest from the School of Business

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Examining the Options With Career Exploration


Center for Economic Development Conference Room
The Jon M. Huntsman School of Business has a program, called Career Exploration, that allows students to explore different career options. Earlier this year, I had the chance to participate in this awesome opportunity! We drove down to Salt Lake super early one morning and had appointments all day long. One of my favorite companies that we visited was a non-profit organization called the Center for Economic Development. This company was located on one of the top floors in a tall building. We met in their conference room where you could see the entire Salt Lake Valley out of some huge windows.

Some of our other visits included an investor, theGovernor’s office, some political campaign consultants and the Chamber of Commerce. It was such a rich experience. I learned so much! It was great to be able to take a day to think about my future. Because of that day, I have spent some time rethinking some of my goals. Being a student is the best part of my life so far! The options are endless and every day new opportunities present themselvesUtah State has opened so many doors for me. I can't wait to see what’s in store for me these next few days and months!

— Steven Mortenson
     Huntsman Student

Editor's note: This post was also featured on Utah State University's My Friends blog. You can view it here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment