To learn more about the MS MIS program, please visit the program's website, here.
- The Business Intelligence (BI) Group headed by David Olsen has five working papers and three accepted and/or forthcoming conference papers, one of which was awarded the "Business Intelligence Congress Innovation in Pedagogy Award" at the second Business Intelligence Congress.
- Yong Seog Kim was invited as an editorial board member of Journal of Emerging Trends in Computing and Information Sciences.
- John D. Johnson led a group of students to the Microsoft Imagine Cup US finals where they finished in second place. The team developed a Facebook App that people can use to lend directly to entrepreneurs.
- Pam Dupin-Bryant authored studies on ethical behavior in cybersquatting and softlifting as resources for educators.
- Kelly Fadel co-authored a paper entitled "Knowledge Exploration and Exploitation: The Impacts of Psychological Climate and Knowledge Management System Access," Which appeared in the Information Systems Research journal, a Financial Times top 40 journal.
- Robert Hayden joined the department as the associate director of the MSMIS program. Dr. Hayden's career included steps as department head and dean of the School of Computing, BYU-Hawaii, and vice president of instruction at Otero Junior College. Dr. Hayden was also cast as a stunt double for Larry Wilcox on the popular television series "CHiPs".